What about a some pork on bread. Awesome, right? Iberico Secreto is the best piece of pork for a sandwich. With some roasted vegetables and pico de gallo, this is all you need.
Iberico Secreto is a well-marbled thin piece from the shoulder of the pig that is great for grilling. If you can’t get Secreto, just use thin-cut pork shoulder.
This is an Iberico Secreto. A thin piece of meat with a lot of intramuscular fat. That fat ensures that the meat remains wonderfully tender. The soft fat on the outside melts during grilling.
We put a cast-iron skillet on in which we prepare the onion and bell pepper. We let the Secreto play the leading role by not being making it complicated with herbs and spices. Only a little olive oil goes into the skillet before the onion and bell pepper go in. The Iberico goes straight on the grid.
Wait until the pan is hot before you add the vegetables. Then continue to scoop them until everything has softened. Then the Iberico Secreto is put on the grid.
A large amount of fat in the meat gives you high flames. It’s very spectacular, and your guests will love it but keep a close eye. Turn the meat regularly with long tongs. Iberico Secreto is best while still a little pink. A few minutes of grilling is enough.
While the vegetables are still cooking, you cut the Iberico into thin slices. Then add some salt and pepper and keep the slices warm on top of the vegetables while you cut open a baguette. The thicker pieces of pork that are a bit too pink for your liking can grill a little longer.
Top the baguette with some lettuce, the vegetables, a few slices of Iberico, and a generous scoop of pico de gallo. This sandwich doesn’t need more.
- 600 grams of Iberico Secreto
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- 1 baguette or 4 smaller rolls
- Cut the bell pepper and onion. Put a cast-iron skillet on the fire and let it heat up. Add a little olive oil to the skillet and roast the vegetables while stirring them regularly.
- Grill the Iberico Secreto over direct heat to medium-rare.
- Thinly slice the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. When the bell pepper and onion are soft, place the sliced meat on top of the vegetables to heat up a little.
- Cut a baguette open and top it with lettuce, the vegetables, the Secreto, and tasty salsa.