If you like Brussels sprouts, you will love these Brussels sprouts. If you don’t like Brussels sprouts, you should try these ones. These Brussels sprouts are not soft and bitter but deliciously crispy and savoury. You could almost serve them as a snack.
When it comes to Brussels sprouts, there are two camps. Either you love them, or you hate them. We then wonder whether they are well prepared. In general, Brussels sprouts are overcooked. Then they become bitter, and we understand that you don’t like them.
We are going to roast these Brussels sprouts in a cast iron pan. This makes them slightly sweeter and also keeps them nice and crunchy.
Just before the Brussels sprouts are ready, sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese and stir in a bit of lemon juice. If you stir-fry them for a while, the cheese will form those golden brown crunchy edges on the Brussels sprouts.
These are our roasted Brussels sprouts with Parmesan cheese. If you are going to make them, let us know in the comments below. Or better! Take a photo and post it on Instagram. Tag @bbq.heroes so we can see what you made.
- 300 grams Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the bottom of each sprout and remove the outer leaves
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place a cast-iron pan on the stove and let it get very hot.
- Pour some olive oil into the pan and immediately add the Brussels sprouts.
- Stir-fry the Brussels sprouts for 10 to 12 minutes until al dente.
- Just before they are done, sprinkle them with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and bake them briefly.