You can never have enough coleslaw recipes. A fresh coleslaw can turn a simple piece of smoked meat into something special. Not only can you eat it as a side dish, but coleslaw also tastes great as a topping on sandwiches, tacos, tortillas, and burgers.
This jalapeño coleslaw is fresh and a bit hot because of the jalapeño bits. This makes your pulled pork sandwich just that little bit spicier that it can sometimes use.
The jalapeño is a mild pepper. This makes it extremely suitable for adding that little bit of extra bite to dishes. By removing the seeds and seed lists from the jalapeños, you get even less heat so that everyone can enjoy this coleslaw.
- 300 gr chopped white cabbage
- 300 gr sliced red cabbage
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 jalapeño
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp apple vinegar
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Put the red and white cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and salt. Mix well and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut the red onion and jalapeño into strips and mix the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar and season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the red and white cabbage in a colander and rinse it under running water. Turn it dry in a salad spinner.
- Mix the onion, jalapeño, cabbage and the mayonnaise mix and season with salt and pepper.