These glazed carrots are a perfect side dish with a nice roast. You just put them on the barbecue next to the rack of lamb and wait for them to finish. Easy as that.
The trickiest part of this recipe is cleaning the carrots. We leave a little bit of the foliage because it just looks more beautiful. Do not throw away these leaves. You can make pesto of them.
Place the carrots in an oven dish where they just fit nicely. This is how glazing will work best.
Place the oven dish with the roast on the barbecue. All you have to do is scoop the carrots every now and then so that the caramel sauce of butter, honey, and brown sugar goes all over each carrot. When the carrots are soft and shiny from the sauce, they are ready.
Everyone likes carrots this way.
- 10 equally sized carrots
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Wash the carrots and cut off the leaves.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish and add the butter, honey, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
- Place the baking dish on the barbecue at about 150 to 200°C (300 to 400F).
- When the butter has melted, turn the carrots over and over. You do this regularly for the next 20 minutes to half an hour until the roots are soft.
- The last time you season them with a little salt and pepper.