If you want to make a barbecue party complete, then you need to add a delicious dessert. How about this mini cherry pie. It takes no effort to make, and you can prepare everything in front.
If everyone is bulging out, you can ask around who is still in the mood for hot cherry pie. Bet everyone says yes?
The pitted cherries are put together with the water, sugar, cornflour and lemon juice in a saucepan. Then you let it boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Let it cool while you make the dough for the topping. That’s basically all you have to do for this cake.
You can worry about more important things, like filling the fridge with beer and putting up the lights.
We make the mini cherry pie in creme brulee dishes. They are perfect for 1 person. Fill the bowls 3/4 full with the cherry sauce and then top it off with the dough. Make sure to stir the dough before you scoop it in so that it crumbs nicely.
Then you put the dishes in the barbecue but not directly above the heat. The boiler temperature must be somewhere between 170 and 200°C (340 to 400F). You can use the residual that’s still in your grill after the party.
After about twenty minutes, the dough is cooked. Let the dishes cool slightly before serving. If you don’t, you will burn your tongue at the first bite. You have been warned.
- 120 grams of pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
For the topping
- 200 grams of flour
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the cherries in a saucepan with the water, sugar, lemon juice, and the cornflour in a pan. Put this on the stove and let it boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Let the cherry sauce cool down.
- Make the dough for the topping by kneading everything well. The dough is perfect when it crumbs. If it sticks too much, add a little more flour.
- Provide a barbecue with 2 zones and a boiler temperature between 170 and 200°C (340 to 400F).
- Fill a creme brulee bowl for three quarters with the cherry sauce. Then fill it to the top with the dough.
- Place the dishes on the grid on the cooler side of the barbecue and close the lid. The pies are ready when the dough is golden brown.