This sauce of roasted red bell peppers is so simple and delicious that you will be making it very often this summer. This fresh sauce is delicious with tapas, with lamb, fish, or with this pinchos morunos.
You can roast the peppers over a burner of the gas stove. You can also throw them in the barbecue between the coals. Roast them until the bell pepper is entirely blackened. The meat is cooked and softened this way.
Do not continue until all that’s black is gray. That’s ashes, and that means the meat underneath is also burnt. That is not tasty or healthy.
If you leave them for fifteen minutes, you can easily rub off the blackened skin. This is most of the work of the whole recipe.
Now cut the peppers into pieces and remove the seeds. Toss the meat with all ingredients in a bowl and make a puree. That’s all.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 50 ml of olive oil
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Roast the bell peppers all around until the skin is black. Then let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Rub the black skin of the meat and cut the bell pepper into coarse pieces. Remove seeds.
- Cut the garlic and chili pepper into small pieces and toss together with the cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender and mash until fine.
- Season with salt and pepper.