This is our version of a salsa verde and then a mayonnaise. This sauce was born out of necessity because we couldn’t find all the ingredients.
But what goes into salsa verde? Right. Green herbs. Our sauce has become a mix of French and Mexican salsa verde. With tarragon, jalapeno, and spinach. If you can find arugula or parsley, you can make the salsa verde with that.
This salsa verde is nice and coarse. Chopped instead of pulsed with a food processor. If you want to use a food processor, you will get a much smoother sauce. The sauce can be kept refrigerated for a few days and is delicious on a cheese sandwich, chicken, thick steak, or hamburger.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 100 grams chopped spinach (3.5oz)
- 20 grams chopped chives (0.75oz)
- 10 grams chopped dill (0.35oz)
- 10 grams chopped tarragon (0.35oz)
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut everything fine and mix well in a large bowl. That’s it.