Paprika oil is olive oil with paprika powder and garlic. You can use it as a marinade, as a salad dressing, in your soup or over a fine steak. It is not so well known in the Netherlands, and that is because we immediately think of fresh bell peppers instead of powder.
We wanted to make this paprika oil even better with many fresh herbs and smoked paprika powder. The result is a fresh chimichurri-like sauce that really goes well with anything.
You can easily double the ingredients below because this sauce will be gone before you know it. You throw this over roasted potatoes, spread it over a thick steak and on a sandwich. We will also marinate a piece of meat in it.
Once you’ve added all the ingredients to the pan, it’s just a matter of bringing the oil to a gentle boil while you keep stirring it. After a few minutes, your kitchen smells fantastic, and you get the first curious question. “What are we going to eat?”.
It’s all up to you what you’re going to make with this amazing sauce. Let us know in the comments below what you will make with this paprika oil. Or better! Take a photo and post it on Instagram. Tag @bbq.heroes so we can see what you made.
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove grated
- juice of half a lemon
- chilli flakes and salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a pan and gently heat the oil.
- Stir everything well so that the paprika powder does not form lumps.
- If the whole kitchen smells of this oil, the pan can be removed from the fire.
- Let the sauce cool and put it in the fridge overnight. It only makes it tastier.