If you love Greek food, you know that a big bowl of fresh tzatziki sauce is indispensable. This cream cheese variant is thicker than the tzatziki we make more often and, therefore, better to use as a dip. Put a bowl of sliced bread next to it; the sauce is gone before you know it. So make a double amount right away.
Because we want a thick tzatziki sauce, you must drain the moisture from the grated cucumber. We put the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean tea towel and twist it into a ball. Then tighten the knot so that all the excess moisture is squeezed out of the cucumber.
This tzatziki tastes perfect with all Greek barbecue recipes and on a nice piece of bread. If you will make this tzatziki, let us know in the comments below. Or better! Could you take a photo and post it on Instagram? Tag @bbq.heroes so we can see what you made.
- 200 ml Greek Yogurt
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half a cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cucumber and drain all the liquid as described above.
- Mix the yoghurt, cream cheese and olive oil.
- Grate the garlic cloves and add this to the yoghurt with the cucumber, dill and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.