What to do with leftover pulled pork? We make enchiladas with that. An enchilada is a wrap filled with roasted meat and cheese. Add to that a healthy amount of salsa and cheese. Doesn’t that sound great allready?
The pulled pork we made last week came in handy for this recipe. We had more than a kilo leftover, which we divided into three portions. We take one portion out of the freezer the day before and put them in the fridge. When we get home from work the next day, it’s thawed.
With the push of a button, we turn on the grill, and fifteen minutes later, we can get started. That is the enormous advantage of a gas grill. This way, we can do a lot more grilling during the week. And that can never be a bad thing, right?
For this recipe, we use the grill plate to roast the pulled pork. That’s the secret of this recipe. Roasting makes the pulled pork a little crispy at the edges.
Then we roll the roasted pulled pork into a tortilla wrap with some cheese and tomato salsa. You do this as tightly as possible to place three wraps in an oven dish simultaneously. If you can fit more than three, you do that. The idea is that there is no space between the wraps where the sauce or cheese can get through.
These are our pulled pork enchiladas that we serve with pineapple and onion salsa and sour cream. If you are going to make them let us know in the comments below. Take a photo and post it on Instagram. Tag @bbq.heroes so we can see what you made.
- 400 grams pulled pork
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large tortilla wraps
- 150 grams grated cheddar
- 150 grams grated Gouda cheese
- 200 ml tomato salsa
- Roast the pulled pork in a little olive oil until it becomes crispy.
- Take a tortilla wrap and place a third of the pulled pork in a line in the middle of the wrap. Pour some tomato salsa over it.
- Mix both kinds of cheese and sprinkle over the pulled pork. Then roll up the wrap tightly. Do the same with the other wraps.
- Place the wraps tightly next to each other in an oven dish. Pour the rest of the salsa over the wraps and the rest of the grated cheese.
- Now heat the baking dish for 15 minutes at 200°C (390F).