Round steak is just a steak. There’s nothing special about it. But with the right marinade, you can make something really tasty with it.
A round steak is just a steak. But with the right marinade, you can make something really tasty with it.
Although a round steak is a wonderfully tender piece of meat, it actually tastes like nothing without salt. This is because there is virtually no fat in this cut. That makes round steak very suitable for grilling quickly.
To give the meat a mountain of taste, we made a marinade with a slightly Asian touch because of the ginger and soy sauce. 4 whole cloves of garlic complete the party.
We thread the meat on skewers to make grilling a little easier. We also put some onions on the skewers. Because the steak needs to be grilled at high heat for a very short time, you can really only add onion or bell pepper. Other, tougher vegetables do not get enough time to cook.
These are our garlic steak skewers that we like to make on a weekday. Let the marinade do its thing while you’re at work and grill them for dinner in no time.
If you are going to make them let us know in the comments below. Or better! Take a photo and post it on Instagram. Tag @bbq.heroes so we can see what you made.
- 500 grams of round steak
- 1 red onion
For the marinade
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 25 grams of sugar
- 1 ball of stem ginger grated
- Cut the steak into 2 cm cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and add the steak. Marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Cut the onion into slices the same size as the steak cubes.
- Thread the steak alternately with the onion on skewers.
- Grill over direct heat +/- 220 degrees (428F) to a core temperature of 55°C (131F).